The Plac Zamkowy – Business with Heritage building has been designed with sustainability in mind. The design became one of the ‘green buildings’ thanks to the use of energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
The investment Plac Zamkowy – Business with Heritage has been reported and officially registered in the BREEAM ecological certification system (certificate no.: BREEAM-0048-7041) as early as at the design stage, and it was awarded the Breeam Interim certificate with a ‘very good’ grade.
This prestigious title is awarded by the British Building Research Establishment and is a guarantee that the investor complies with the highest ecological standards, from design works, compliance with the highest norms during the construction stage, to the building maintenance once it is completed.
The technologies used for the investment are friendly to the environment and for the building tenants, use energy resources effectively and provide the highest level of compliance with ecology requirements.
The design of Plac Zamkowy – Business with Heritage has been appreciated for such things as:
- the use of a pre-developed site, which avoided the consumption of new greenfield sites;
- the use of modern and environmentally friendly materials;
- low water and energy consumption and the constant monitoring of the use thereof – both during the construction stage and during the building maintenance;
- limited carbon dioxide emission at each stage of the project;
- running the construction works in an environmentally friendly way – limited noise and artificial light, waste segregation, covering unsightly parts of the construction site so that they were not visible from outside;
- convenience for and safety of building tenants – access to daylight, the high quality of air inside the building, access to public transport;
- an advanced computer building management system intended for so-called ‘intelligent buildings’.