The investment Plac Zamkowy – Business with Heritage was designed by Wojciech Grabianowski, who is a co-owner of RKW Rhode Kellermann Wawrowsky – an architectural studio highly acclaimed in Europe.
RKW specializes in town planning, town development and interior design. The company was set up in 1950 in Dusseldorf by Helmut Rhode. Its portfolio contains architectural designs of luxurious tenement houses, public utility facilities and office buildings, to name but a few.
One of the things the company is famous for is the revitalization of buildings in a historical city’s tissue. Exemplary restorations and modernizations have been developed in cooperation with local authorities responsible for the preservation of monuments. The objective has been to adapt existing historical buildings for a new use, contemporary functional requirements and technological standards, and to highlight the core of their historic aesthetics at the same time.
RKW has been awarded over 100 prizes in architectural and town planning competitions, both at home and abroad, including over 50 first-place prizes. One of the designs that was granted a distinction was the PGE Arena stadium in the prestigious competition, The Stadium Business Awards 2012.
A photo gallery of selected designs performed by RKW:
- The SpecksHof trade fair centre, Leipzig, Germany
- Mannesmann Behrensbau House, Düsseldorf, Germany
- German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina Halle (Salle), Germany
- Barthels-Hof, Leipzig, Germany
Selected office buildings:
- Physician’s House, Düsseldorf, Germany
- ARAG Tower-Headquarters, Düsseldorf, Germany
- German Stock Exchange building, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- T.O.C. Tersteegen Office, Düsseldorf, Germany
- EnBW Headquarters– City, Stuttgart, Germany
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, al. Szucha 21, Warsaw, Poland
- Poleczki Business Park, Warsaw, Poland